Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apple of my eye


Today Michael and I celebrated our 6 year 7 month anniversary!! YAY! On our actually anniversary we'll just eat hot dogs and watch TV, but on specially anniversary's like this one we decided to dine at our favorite restaurant! Since I didn't make a pantry meal I decided it was a good idea to make a Pantry dessert! Waste not Want not! So This is what we call "Apple Upside down cake". Considering I'm the cupcake queen I have not used a Boxed cake mix in a very long time. So since this was in our pantry why not use it? I jazzed it up a bit, threw in some apples & cinnamon and BAM! apple upside down cake.
INGREDIENTS
French Vanilla Box Cake Mix & ingredients listed on the box
2 tbs Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
Apple cored, peeled & Sliced 1/8" thick
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 chopped Walnuts
2 tbs Butter cubed
2 tbs caramel

DIRECTIONS
-Make cake as box directions
-Add cinnamon & ginger to cake mix
-Place sliced apples in greased pan spring form pan
-sprinkle brown sugar and walnuts on the apples
-Pour Cake into pan and bake as directed on box
-Drizzle caramel Sauce over warm cake, top with a scoop of ice cream, grab a spoon and devour!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...sounds delish!!!! This is the coolest blog ever...keep em coming! Oh and happy anniversary....it's a BIG one lol!

    ReplyDelete